Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide (lauryl dimethyl amine oxide) is a colorless or slightly yellow transparent liquid at room temperature. It is a special type of surfactant, which is colorless or slightly yellow transparent liquid at room temperature. It becomes cationic in acidic media and non-ionic in neutral or alkaline media.
In addition to the general surfactant properties, it also has excellent solubilization, thickening, emulsification, foaming, foam stabilization, softening, moisturizing, antistatic and other properties. Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide has good compatibility with human skin, low physiological toxicity, easy biodegradation, and has certain bactericidal properties and anti-mildew effects. Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide works as follows:
(1) Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide is colorless or light yellow transparent liquid. The density at 20℃ is 0.98g/mL. It is easily soluble in water and polar organic solvents, and slightly soluble in non-polar organic solvents.
(2) Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide is an excellent nonionic surfactant. It has excellent properties such as solubilization, thickening, emulsification, foaming, foam stabilization, softening, moisturizing, antistatic, non-irritating to the skin, low physiological toxicity and easy biodegradation, and also has anti-mildew effect. Its emulsifying ability is better than K-12, and its foaming and foam-stabilizing ability far exceeds 6501.
(3) Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide surfactant has excellent performance, and has both cationic and non-ionic surfactant properties.
(4) The foam produced by dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide is rich, delicate and creamy, especially suitable for formulating baby shampoo, and can make hair bright, soft, smooth and easy to comb.
(5) Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide has excellent emulsifying power to oil stains, and is most suitable for the preparation of dishwashing detergents.
(6) Cosmetics formulated with the emulsification, moisturizing and weak oxidizing properties of dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide can make the skin moist, smooth and fair. Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide is used in the production of toothpaste, chewing gum, etc. in oral products.
(7) Dodecyl dimethyl amine oxide is commonly used as softener, antistatic agent and solubilizer in textile, printing and dyeing industries.