Amphoteric surfactants are surfactants that contain both anionic and cationic hydrophilic groups in the same molecule, whose biggest feature is that it can both give and accept protons. In the process of use, it has the following characteristics: excellent softness, smoothness and antistatic properties to fabrics; certain bactericidal and mildew-inhibiting properties; good emulsifying and dispersing properties.
For sewage with coarse suspended particles, high concentration, positive charge particles, and neutral or alkaline water pH, the particles are bridged to form large flocs because the anionic polyacrylamide molecular chain contains a certain amount of polar groups, which can absorb the solid particles suspended in the water. Therefore, it accelerates the sedimentation of particles in the suspension, and has an obvious effect of accelerating the clarification of the solution and promoting filtration. This product is widely used in the treatment of chemical industrial wastewater and waste liquid, and municipal sewage treatment.
(1) Water treatment in tap water industry, high turbidity water purification, clarification, coal washing, mineral processing, metallurgy, iron and steel industry, zinc, aluminum processing industry, electronics industry, etc. It is widely used in the petroleum industry, oil recovery, drilling mud, waste mud treatment, preventing water channeling, reducing friction, enhancing oil recovery, and tertiary oil recovery.
(2) It is used as a sizing agent for textiles, with stable sizing performance, less sizing, low fabric breakage rate, and smooth cloth surface.
(3) Amphoteric surfactant are used in the paper industry to improve the retention rate of fillers and pigments so as to reduce the loss of raw materials and pollution to the environment; in addition, they can improve the strength of the paper (including dry strength and wet strength). Moreover, the use of PAM can also improve the tear resistance and porosity of the paper to improve visual and printing properties. Zwitterionic polyacrylamide has the characteristics of general cationic flocculants due to the cationic group and anionic group in the molecule, and shows more excellent performance. This type of flocculant can be used in a wide range of PH value, with higher water filtration capacity and lower filter cake moisture content, and can also be used for strong acid leaching of ore or recovery of valuable metals from metal-containing acid catalysts.
(4) Used in food and tea packaging paper and other industries, used for cane juice clarification and syrup phosphorus float extraction in the production of cane sugar and beet sugar.
(5) Enzyme preparation fermentation broth flocculation and clarification industry.
(6) Amphoteric surfactants are used for the recovery of feed protein, with stable quality and good performance. The recovered protein powder has no adverse effect on the survival rate, weight gain and egg production of chickens. Amphoteric surfactants can also be used for synthetic resin coatings, water blocking of civil grouting materials, building materials industry, cement quality improvement, construction adhesives, caulking repair and water blocking agents, soil improvement, electroplating industry, printing and dyeing industry, etc. The effect of inorganic salts is several times or tens of times higher, because this type of wastewater generally has a negative charge. At present, the use of water-soluble azo initiators, etc., has been able to increase its molecular weight to more than ten million.